Table of Contents
Click on a topic below to be taken there
Acceptable Use Policy
Marlin ODI Privacy & Acceptable Use Policy
Who operates and maintains this Website?
- The Marlin ODI HSE Manager - Chuck Williams operates, and maintains this Website for Marlin Oilfield Divers, Inc.
- Our website address is: https://oilfielddivers.com
What type of Website is this?
- This Website's purpose is many-fold...
- It is an Online Presence for Marlin Oilfield Divers, Inc,. as well as a source of information for it's Clients, and prospective Clients, to learn about Marlin ODI, and the various Services that we offer.
- It also serves as an Employee Computer Based Training, and Certification center.
- It also will soon be a source for Safety Bulletins, Diving Physics
- Formulas -- Pipeline/Caisson Weight Calculators, and various other Diving, and Marine informational Subjects.
- A place where our Marine, and Diving Personnel, can share experiences, ideas, and thoughts. Additionally, Safety Precautions, Project Notes, Tips & Tricks for new Divers, from the old Divers...and Vice-versa... ETC. will also be Posted.
- Personnel will soon be able to Post Diving Project Pictures/Video on the Website, within the Members area.
How we protect your data:
- All incoming, and outgoing information, is encrypted by our 2048 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) The entire Website is also behind a Firewall, that prevents unauthorized access to our Website.
- No actual Employee Data is kept on the Server, all of that is kept by the Main Office.
- Employment Application Data that is entered is sent by emailed, and then deleted upon the confirmation of the Data being correct.
Your personal data, what we collect and why we collect it
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- This Website is intended to be accessed by Employees only, every Employee has a unique User Id, and Password combination.
- The security of our Website, will remain secure, provided that no Employee divulges his Access Combination, to someone outside of our Company.
- We have the capability, to track our Registered users by their IP Address, User ID and with those, the ability to discern an unknown IP Address, using an Employee's Login, and Password.
- So, if you give your Username and Password to someone else, we can't prevent them from doing damage, but we can see who's User ID did it...
Contact forms and Cookies -
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Those Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. When you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites -
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Google Analytics processes our use of the Website, what we click on, where we come from, and where we go from here.
Who we share your data with:
- Marlin ODI, does not share any Data, at all. No Data leaves the Website, except by the Actions of your Fellow Employees.
- If there are Private things, that you don't want the World to see, then do not Post it here! If a Post, or Media file (i.e. Image, or Video Files) shows up somewhere else on the Web, then YOU failed to use the Privacy Tools that are right here, on the Website. Other Employee may make copies of your text or download Media that you Posted.
- Making your Posts, and other Media non downloadable, is very simple to do. Just ask the Webmaster if you want this option.
Where we send your data
- None of our Data will be sent anywhere, or to anyone. That does not mean that an Employee is prevented from sending it himself, or herself.
- To ensure that the Posts, and Comments that we make within the Employee Lounge (Member's Area) remains private, Search Engine Spiders (Web-crawlers) are banned from Indexing our Data.
How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
- All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Such as: Your contact information
Acceptable Use Policy
Types of content, that you can Post
- You may Post Image (.jpg; .bmp),Video (.mpg; .mp4; .avi; .wmv), and Audio (.mp3;, .wma) Files. You may also Post Excerpts from other Websites, and/or Documents. Microsoft Excel files may be posted, as long as they are Diving, or Marine Industry related, such as Diving Formulas, Calculations, and Way-point Plotting Formulas.
What types of Content that will not be allowed, or tolerated
- Pornographic Images, Videos, and/or Obscene, or Vulgar Language
- Blatantly Obscene Image, or Video Files will not be tolerated. This rule shall encompass all imagery of a "Hardcore Pornographic nature".
- Images, and Videos that display, or portray either the Males, or the Females Genitals will not be allowed
- Obscene, or extremely Vulgar language will not be allowed. You shall respect the personal worth, and dignity of all fellow Employees.
- Bullying, or degrading remarks will not be allowed
- Racial, or Sexual Discrimination, or religious beliefs will not be allowed. This includes discrediting, or slanderous remarks about any Employee's Religious beliefs, or Sexual Preferences, and those of any of his, or her Spouse, Relative, Significant Other, Special Friend, or other persons that he, or she may be involved with, etc.
- The uploading, or posting of any Computer Viruses, or Malicious Code to the Marlin ODI Server
- Violation of these Rules, can result in the revocation of an Employee's Membership to this Website.
- The revoked status of an Employee's Membership will deny the Employee, of any, and all Computer Based Training Courses that are offered on this Website.
- Any Training Requirements that are offered (for free) on this Website, will have to be outsourced, and any cost incurred by that Training Source, will be at the revoked Employee's expense.
- Unwanted, or unwelcome ideological Solicitation of any kind, concerning Spiritual matters will not be tolerated. This does not include spiritual discussion, or statements of ones beliefs.
- The intentional uploading, or posting of any Computer Viruses, or Malicious Code to the Marlin ODI Server, will lead to the Termination of your Employment.
Employee's Right to an Appeal, or a Disciplinary Hearing
- An Employee has three (3) working days to file a written request, for a hearing
- Any employee who feels that any action taken toward that person unjustified, may appeal the action through the Company Problem Solving Procedure.